16 Oct SILVERFISH / GOLDFISH LEVEL SWIM LESSONS
SILVERFISH / GOLDFISH LEVEL SWIM LESSONS
BREATHING FOR SURVIVAL & FORMAL STROKES: The Silverfish / Goldfish level is one level with 2 progressive stages, Silverfish to Goldfish. This level is designed for children who have a solid comfort level in the water, can kick properly and float independently. As well, the focus of the level is breathing technique development. Additionally, the techniques learned will be used for both survival and recreational swimming. Importantly, these breathing techniques will later translate into the proper breathing structure for swimming formal strokes. As well, water safety and survival techniques are emphasized through a variety of drills. Above all, for optimum student learning, the lessons have a 4 student to 1 teacher ratio.
Our customers enjoy the benefits of being able to join lessons at anytime during the year and change their lessons times when they please. TIn other words, it makes for a very dynamic schedule with a lot of moving parts! Here are the best ways to work with our ever-changing schedule of lessons:
- We run lessons 7 days a week, year round. Lesson times and availability change on a daily basis, therefore, we do not post our schedule of lessons.
- Create an account by selecting the Customer Portal button at the top of the page. Once your account is created, our specialists can easily book you into a lesson. If you already have an account, login to ensure all family and contact details are up to date.
- Contact us within the week you would like to begin lessons for the most up to date lesson availability. Use the Request A Lesson Form and or give us a call (866) 633-4147 to check lesson availability.
- After a lesson day and time have been selected, that lesson space will be held for your child each week unless we receive notice from you that you would like to report an absence, change lesson days/times and/or withdraw from the lesson. When a child graduates from a level, a change in lesson day/time may be required.
IMPORTANT: When a lesson day/time is booked, we guarantee that space for you each week, unless you notify us that you no longer want the lesson space. While we do offer makeup lessons for absences reported in advance, we do not guarantee specific days/times for makeup lesson availability. We have availability based on what other families are doing that week. If you have a very restrictive schedule, we do not recommend missing your reserved lesson day/time. If you do need to miss the lesson day/time you have reserved, you will be subject to working with the availability we have each day/week or utilizing your makeup lesson credit in a recreational program.
There are 3 main goals focused on in this level. When a goal is achieved, the student will receive a goal accomplishment ribbon. When all 3 goals are achieved, the student will graduate first from the Silverfish Level to the GOLDFISH LEVEL and then from the Goldfish Level to the PUFFER LEVEL. Students will first receive their Silverfish Level graduation ribbon and certificate then their Goldfish Level graduation ribbon and certificate before moving on to the Puffer Level. The main goals of the Silverfish / Goldfish Level are:
- Master 2 types of breathing cycles.
- Correct body position while kicking on back.
- Independent safety jumps and cycles.
This is the correct choice for your child if:
- If they can float on their stomach independently
- If they can float on their back independently
- If they know proper, straight-leg kick propulsion
- If they can swim short distances with their face submerged, holding their breath
- If they need to learn how to breathe while swimming, exhale/inhale air exchange – Important to learn this skill prior to learning formal strokes
|On-Going Lessons:||1 lesson per week||$105 / 4 weeks|
|Annual Fee:||1 time per year||$25 / year|
|Drop-In Lesson:||1 single lesson||$30 / lesson|